54 DAY NOVENA TO OUR LADY QUEEN OF THE MOST HOLY ROSARY
Whoever desires to obtain favors from Me should make three novenas of the prayers of the Rosary, and three novenas in thanksgiving.
— Promise of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary
I’m on the fly but here are 7 quick takes about this efficacious novena to Our Lady that my soul sister and I are going to pray starting Tues. Jan. 24 – March 19th, feast of St. Joseph.
The first time I prayed this novena I was in Palm Beach and my “spiritual mamas” directed me to take my Rosary devotion to a higher level. I didn’t quite understand what that meant since I was already a devotee of Mary and the Rosary, but I took this seriously and I prayed the big “54” in the fall of 2010. On day 55 my life changed forever. God responded in a mighty way and the domino that fell that day was a movement of grace that ultimately pushed me all the way to Los Angeles. LA came later but “day 55” was the tipping move that catapulted me to what connected me to my now so to speak. As I reflect on that season and consider the “now” of my life, I clearly see Our Lady’s maternal hand in moving the ribbon of my life forward in ways that I could not have imagined or achieved on my own.
Two weeks ago my little sister in Christ (Hi Kelly!) texted me and asked if I wanted to pray a 54-day Rosary novena with her to begin on January 24, feast of Francis De Sales and concluding on St. Joseph’s feast on March 19. At first I felt a little intimidated by the numbers game, considering the length of an entirely long streak of prayer (eye roll) and already being the novena queen, how about someone else wear the tiara! But then like a rush, I heard God say that He really wants me to be under Mary’s mantle in this new Year and that He wants to show me how He’s bringing everything together. He wants me to know that the results will be from My Father in Heaven and through my Mother. That He’s shaping this year, the people I will walk alongside, the places where I will enjoy new territory and the surprises He has for me. How can I say no?
I believe this is as true for you as it is for me. If you want to join us here’s a little bit about the novena and you can Google more:
- In 1884 little girl in Pompeii, Italy was extraordinarily sick (dying) – the family had been praying for several months and the child cried out invoking the Blessed Mother under the title of Our Lady Queen of the Holy Rosary.
- When Our Lady appeared to the child the Blessed Virgin said “Child, thou hast always obtained favors from me. Now since thou hast called me by the title so pleasing to me, ‘Queen of the Holy Rosary’ I can no longer refuse the favor thou dost petition; for this name is most precious and dear to me. Make three novenas, and thou shall obtain all.”
- The novena consists of five decades of the Rosary each day for twenty-seven in petition and twenty-seven in thanksgiving, whether or not the request has been granted.
- The Blessed Mother appeared in a vision on a high throne with St. Dominic and St. Catherine of Siena.
- When you pray the 27 days in thanksgiving, pray CONFIDENTLY trusting that God will hear you and answer you. Don’t have a pity party about what you don’t see. God is working for you. BELIEVE.
- This novena has been called a laborious novena, but a novena of love!
- Each Hail Mary is a rose you lay at Mary’s feet.
Finally, and not to scare you, the devil HATES this novena. Why? Because the results are certain and generally miraculous. You are turning your will and life over to Heaven to be in total alignment and under the mission of Christ. You may be sluggish, nearly forget and to avoid all that I highly recommend praying this first thing when you rise or setting special time aside. If you wait until night. You will snooze and as my peeps would say “STAND UP” .. sometimes I literally had to stand up and pray the novena to just take authority and make sure it was prayed and prayed well.
Press in for the blessing of 2017. God is on your side! With all the talk about what it means to be a woman in today’s society, let’s seek Heaven for those answers and lean into the Woman who received God’s highest favor. Let this be an unprecedented season of grace as we let our intentions pass through the Immaculate Heart of Mary. (shoot me a message if you need more information)… And fasten your seat belt!
Praying for you! JMJ+