AND SHEEN TOOK MY WORD FOR IT
That was the last thing I uttered when I was inside the crypt at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City at Christmastime 2008. I was praying to then Servant of God Fulton J. Sheen asking him for intercession with a litany of impossible prayer requests, three for others, and two for me. I closed my prayer with, “If you help me with these intentions, I will promote you.”
Who does that?
WIN. Sheen’s already famous! That profound moment inside the crypt was a beginning of so many things in my life through the intercession of America’s Bishop Fulton J. Sheen. So it’s no coincidence with God that a whole ten years later, this desire to make this holy bishop in heaven known to a new generation has resulted in a published work: EX LIBRIS: FULTON J. SHEEN which is set for release by Pauline Media on April 1, 2018. Today, on the memorial of Sheen’s death, I’m so happy to share the book cover with you! ^^^
Here are 13 quick takes on this project:
- I took a small piece of work helping out an actor in Hollywood. At that time, God spoke into my heart and instructed me, “don’t take any money… help this man and watch what I do for you.” At the conclusion of that tiny PR blitz, I was invited to take on this publishing project.
- Ex Libris: Fulton J. Sheen is the first in a new series by Pauline Media and Ex Libris is Latin for “from the library of.” Pauline Media will use this series to feature the saints and spiritual masters.
- Who wouldn’t want their work published by the Media Nuns? They are committed like Sheen was in his time to evangelize through the media in all available formats and everything is wrapped in prayer. SCORE.
- When you chew on this book and Sheen’s words, you feel the Gospel come to life in a new and profound way.
- The Holy Spirit was so present as I selected the content – I look at the mystery of God (God is Fire), Human Freedom, Divine Love, Sin and Knowing Jesus.
- During this process, I wept a lot. The power of God was so in this that reading Sheen’s words over and over again on these topics moved me so deeply and took me into the mystery of God and His great inescapable love for us.
- Cardinal Sean P. O’Malley, Bishop Gerald Barbarito, and Bishop Robert Reed at CatholicTV have all endorsed this work and I’m so very grateful for their constant support.
- The introduction is my personal story how in a “New York Minute” this Emmy Award winning bishop broke into my world.
- At the end of the book there is a mini-study guide so you can use this in a book club or at home.
- Three to Get Married was the first book that I ever read by Sheen.
- Sheen is still operative as a massive intercessor… today on Dec. 9th, the memorial of his death, cry out to God and ask for your intentions through Sheen’s powerful intercession – he will help with EVERY area of your life. Prepare yourself because he shows up!
- Three out of my five intentions have been answered and there are 2 biggies to go.
- The book is dedicated to my future husband, for without my desire for the vocation of marriage and the man I have been praying for forever, this ten-year journey with Sheen would not have happened. (You’ve already given me the best, even as I wait for you).
Thanks for your friendship and love on this incredibly wonderful project. Please share this news and sign up here to receive updates. Spring is around the corner! Christmas first+
God love you, God bless you!
Praying for you+